[asterisk-users] Cut offs on outgoing SIP calls

Philipp von Klitzing philipp at vklitzing.com
Sat May 18 20:10:24 CDT 2013

Hi!

> I've suffering cut offs after 6 or 7 seconds a call is answered,
> incoming calls are working fine, but outgoing ones show the gollowing
> messages when are being dropped
> [...]
> It seems the SIP ACK is not being received properly.

I can confirm this issue: In my case it happens with calls coming in from
a patton ISDN gateway to Asterisk 1.8.20.1.

The calls is processed and passed to a snom phone, audio flows fine for a
few seconds, but then Asterisk terminates the call. Interestingly this
never happens on internal calls (from snom to snom). Downgrading to
Asterisk 1.4 makes the issue go away as well.

Have you tried 1.8.22? I haven't yet, but it seems to come with a fix for
a deadlock in the SIP channel which *might* solve the issue we are both
experiencing (see ASTERISK-21389).

Philipp