[asterisk-users] Polycom and forwarding.

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed May 15 16:54:27 CDT 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:

> Hey, all.  I've got an office set up with Asterisk, and forwarding's got a
> bit of a glitch:
> When they forward, they listen for the remote phone to ring, then hang up.
>  If the remote phone doesn't connect, it goes to the original phone's VM.
>  Is this Polycom's "fault," or Asterisk's?  I've been reading up on
> blind/supervised forwards, and, honestly, have myself more confused than
> when I started.  If someone could give me a solid idea of how forwarding
> works, and a sample of how to send it to a remote extension, and have it
> *not* come back to the original extension, that'd be great.

You said "forwarding" but described a process that sounds like call
transfer.  I'm going to assume you mean the latter?

We just had a report of this from a customer on their own server.  I
haven't had time to investigate it.  We have confirmed it with Grandstream
and Cisco SPA phones, so it's not just Polycom.

As far as the atxferdropcall someone suggested, I did try that and then the
call is just dropped off into limbo.  The caller is left on hold, and the
nothing happens on the called extension or transfer-to extension.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve