[asterisk-users] Polycom and forwarding.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed May 15 14:10:01 CDT 2013

Hey, all.  I've got an office set up with Asterisk, and forwarding's got
a bit of a glitch:
When they forward, they listen for the remote phone to ring, then hang
up.  If the remote phone doesn't connect, it goes to the original
phone's VM.  Is this Polycom's "fault," or Asterisk's?  I've been
reading up on blind/supervised forwards, and, honestly, have myself more
confused than when I started.  If someone could give me a solid idea of
how forwarding works, and a sample of how to send it to a remote
extension, and have it *not* come back to the original extension, that'd
be great.

Thanks,

-Ken