[asterisk-users] Using PHPMyAdmin to remotely access Asterisk MySQL Database

Brian LaVallee b.lavallee at globaltank.jp
Tue May 14 19:34:35 CDT 2013

It sounds like phpMyAdmin is NOT on the same server as the Asterisk DB.

You will run into a couple possible issues when allowing remote MySQL access
on the Asterisk server,

You will need to set the MySQL user privileges to a specific host or a
wildcard (%).
Most common issue is the firewall, likely iptables on the Asterisk server.
Allow: tcp/3306

To test the privileges, stop iptables and try this from the local machine:
mysql --host=asterisk_server --user=myuser --password=mypass

If you can access the MySQL on the Asterisk server, adjust and restart
iptables.  Then try again with the firewall in place.

To add the Asterisk server to phpMyAdmin, see the following:
http://goo.gl/J1Py5

Brian