[asterisk-users] dial and bridge

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Tue May 14 11:33:48 CDT 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Lenz Emilitri <lenz.loway at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> I need some advice - I have been working on originating multiple calls
> using AMI and then joining them.
> What I want to do is:
> - dial call 1 (where the caller is in a "channel" format, like SIp/1234 or
> Local/1234 at ext) and "park" it somehow
> - dial call 2 (where again the caller is in channel format) and join it to
> the previous call.

Why not just originate from one extension to the other?  Something like
this (not tested):

Action: Originate
Channel: Local/300 at from-internal
Context: from-internal
Exten: 500
Timeout: 30

Should dial extension 500 in the from-internal context after the call to
300 at from-internal is answered.  Meaning, the person at
300 at from-internalwould have their phone ring, they'd pick it up, and
then they'd hear
ringing on the line as asterisk then dialed extension 500 at from-internal.

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP