[asterisk-users] qualify=yes: OPTIONS: How to Change?: `From: "asterisk"`

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Thu May 9 23:14:35 CDT 2013

On Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:23 PM, Jeremy Kister wrote:

> On 5/9/13 8:21 PM, Brian LaVallee wrote:
>> When qualify is enabled on a trunk, the From line shows "asterisk".  See
>> the SIP message below.
>
> I had the same annoyance/issue.  fixed it in
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-17616
>
> the patch was included in 1.8.9 rc1.

Interesting.  I hadn't noticed this bug or its inclusion into 1.8.x.

IIRC, pretty sure I worked around this myself in the past by setting a global "callerid=" value in sip.conf, so if you have a good (!) reason not to upgrade, the OP might give that a shot.

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC
nathana at fsr.com