[asterisk-users] monitoring Asterisk 1.8

Jai Rangi jprangi at didforsale.com
Thu May 9 15:45:11 CDT 2013

There is nagios plugin

check_asterisk_channels

Examples:

Check channels/calls, with no concern about limits.

  check_asterisk_channels

Check channels/calls.  Issue a warning if there are more than 10 active
channels, and a critical if there are more than 15 active channels.

  check_asterisk_channels -w 10 -c 15

Caveats:

This plugin calls the asterisk executable directly, so make sure that the
user
executing this script has appropriate permissions!  Usually the asterisk
binary
can only be run by the asterisk user or root. To grant the nagios user
permissions to execute the script, try something like the following in your
/etc/sudoers file:
  nagios ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:
/path/to/plugins/directory/check_asterisk_channels

You can easily edit this to add more monitoring

Jai  Rangi