[asterisk-users] monitoring Asterisk 1.8

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu May 9 15:06:06 CDT 2013

It's not quick or simple, but there's decent documentation.  I haven't been
saving the links I used, so I can't just give you specific places to look,
other than the best Asterisk plugin:

https://github.com/munin-monitoring/contrib/blob/master/plugins/asterisk/asterisk

TIP:  Use chmod 755 on the plugin files after you install them.

As to installing Munin itself, just start from their web site and get that
running.  You will then install the Asterisk plugin, create an AMI user for
the plugin to connect to, and set the parameters for the plugin to the
server IP and AMI account you just created.

Right now I'm working on being able to monitor the servers without
installing the plugin on the Asterisk box.  This will give Asterisk stats
only, but no server stats.  Again, what specific things do you want to
monitor?

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM, motty cruz <motty.cruz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion Carlos,
>
> do you have a HowTo? can you point me to one.
>
> I unsuccessfully follow one found using google. I'm using CentOs 6.0
>
> Thanks,
> Motty
>

> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Carlos Alvarez <carlos at televolve.com>wrote:
>
>> Monitor what parts exactly?
>>
>> Right this moment I'm in the process of installing Munin and the Asterisk
>> plugin to monitor channel usage, SIP connections, and the like.  The Munin
>> server is running on a separate machine with just the node software on
>> Asterisk.
>>

>> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM, motty cruz <motty.cruz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i'm looking for suggestions to monitor Asterisk Server? I installed
>>> Nagios but no success, I do prefer not to install any web server on the
>>> server running Asterisk.
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> -Motty
>>>
>>> --