[asterisk-users] Asterisk and hylafax: how to debug ...

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Thu May 9 06:56:32 CDT 2013

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 07.05.2013, 21:48 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Niehaus:
> Am 07.05.2013 18:23, schrieb Sebastian Niehaus:
>
> > For some reason, t38modem tells hylafax the line is BUSY so there is no
> > fax send.
>
> Well, I may add the log of t38modem (sorry for the ugly formatting)
> Parts I consider as most important are:
>

>  ModemConnection::SetUpConnection dstNum=189659 srcNum=30 srcName=root
>
> ... denied (all modems busy)

[ snip ]

it seems to me, that the call is routed "from the modem to the
modem" (and not to asterisk). t38modem has some config options for call
routing. Something like:
        route=modem:.*=sip:<dn>@ip:port
        route=sip:.*=modem:<dn>

The first rule routes calls from the modem to a sip destination. I think
in Your setup it should be route=modem:.*=sip:<dn>@127.0.0.1:5060. (I
never used localhost in a setup like this, it should work with the IP of
Your ethernet too).

HTH,

Karsten