[asterisk-users] No early media on 302 redirect via two servers

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed May 8 21:01:54 CDT 2013

We have a situation where we get no early media in this call flow:

VoIP origination provider
Server1 (our server)
Customer server
Customer phone with call-forward set
Server1 to dial the forward-to number

Then there is no early media while the forward-to number is ringing.  Our
server is Asterisk 1.6 and theirs is 1.8.

I tried promiscredir=yes and then the calls fail altogether because rather
than using the local channel, it makes a SIP call that is not allowed.  I
don't think that the FORWARD_CONTEXT variable is used in these versions,
because setting it doesn't impact the channel selection at all.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve