[asterisk-users] What is bootstrap.sh for ? Possible bug in 11.3.0 ?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon May 6 18:20:58 CDT 2013

On 05/06/2013 05:54 PM, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before trying to script res-memcached installation (see res_memcached
> <https://github.com/drivefast/asterisk-res_memcached>), I banged into
> this on a fresh 11.3.0 setup:

<snip>

> My questions are:
>
> 1. What is the purpose of bootstrap.sh ?
> 2. Is this a bug or a feature ?

1. bootstrap.sh generates the configure script for Asterisk. It's there
to help with platform compatibility issues, as well as to make sure the
configure file is built with all of the macros defined in the various
.m4 files in Asterisk's autoconf sub-directory.

2. It appears as if you're running a modified version of Asterisk, in
which case all bets are off. This works fine on the Linux build agents,
which is what we use to build the tarballs on downloads.asterisk.org.
So, no, I don't think there's a bug in the shell script.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager