[asterisk-users] My new Polycom 450's can't xfer to 4-digit extension

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Mon May 6 09:33:19 CDT 2013

On 05/04/2013 08:43 PM, Mike Diehl wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I just installed bunch of IP450's and everything went well and my
> customer is happy.... except that they are unable to transfer calls to
> other extenstions.
>
> They can dial them directly just fine.
>
> However, when the user is in a call and presses the transfer soft key,
> they get dial tone, and start typing the extension, say 1008.  But by
> the time they get 100 typed in, the phone tries to dial and the
> transfer fails.  I feel sure that it's a dial plan issue on the phone.
>
> We are running:
>
> PolycomSoundPointIP-SPIP_450-UA/3.3.3.0094
>
> The dialplan section of the sip.cfg provisioning file is:
>
>     <dialplan dialplan.1.impossibleMatchHandling="0"
> dialplan.1.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToUserSend="1"
> dialplan.1.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToCallListDial="0"
> dialplan.1.applyToDirectoryDial="0"
<snip>
>        <digitmap dialplan.1.digitmap="" dialplan.1.digitmap.timeOut=""
> dialplan.2.digitmap="" dialplan.2.digitmap.timeOut=""
> dialplan.3.digitmap="" dialplan.3.digitmap.timeOut=""
<snip>
> The same section of the phone1.cfg file is:
>
>     <dialplan dialplan.1.impossibleMatchHandling="0"
> dialplan.1.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToUserSend="1"
> dialplan.1.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToCallListDial="0"
<snip>
> dialplan.6.applyToDirectoryDial="0">
>        <digitmap dialplan.1.digitmap="" dialplan.1.digitmap.timeOut=""
> dialplan.2.digitmap="" dialplan.2.digitmap.timeOut=""
<snip>

>        </routing>
>     </dialplan>
>
> The MAC-specific provisioning file does not have a dialplan  section.
>
> All of my Polycom users share these files and many of them can
> transfer to 4-digit extensions.  Is there something I need to do for
> the 450 to make this work?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Mike Diehl.

You really should configure the dialplan.digitmap attribute. I don't
know why the other polycom phones are working and the 450's are not, but
I believe the combination of not having a digitmap configured and having
dialplan.impossibleMatchHandling set to 0 is what is causing the
problem. You could try setting dialplan.impossibleMatchHandling to 2 for
the short term, but configuring the digitmap to match your environment
is the best solution. Check the SIP admin guide for details on how to
set it up.

-Dave