[asterisk-users] Asterisk QSIG doesnt send the calling name to Nortel CS1000

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri May 3 09:46:03 CDT 2013

> Hello to all,
>
> I have a problem with an asterisk qsig .
>
> I have three machines :
>
> Nortel CS1000 --- Card Sangoma PRI ---> Asterisk QSIG --- SIP Trunk
> ---> Asterisk
>
> I use Snom phones on Asterisk .
> If I call from Asterisk to Nortel , Nortel reminds me of the name of
> the person i'm calling and I visualize on the display of Snom phone
> , but if I call from Nortel to Asterisk , the QSIG does not send
> Nortel on the display of the name of the person i'm calling ... why?
>
> example:
> Snom phone = "Danilo < 1001 > "
> Nortel phone = "Marco < 2002 > "
>
> If I call from Nortel to Asterisk , I have the display of the Snom "
> Marco < 2002 > " and the display of Nortel " Danilo < 1001 > "; If I
> call from Nortel to Asterisk , I have the display of the Snom "
> Marco < 2002 > " and the display of Nortel " < 1001 > "

Try placing a Wait(1) in the dialplan for the Nortel to Asterisk direction.
Many Q.SIG implementations send the name in a separate message AFTER sending
the SETUP message.  Asterisk usually puts the call into dialplan when it
receives the SETUP message.  Waiting allows a subsequent message containing
the name to arrive and be available in the dialplan for subsequent outward
dials.

Richard