No subject

Fri Mar 15 02:20:01 CDT 2013

, as it seems to be running Asterisk-11. =A0I've previously installed A=
sterisk-11+FreePBX in a VM, and this appears to be very similar. =A0Is ther=
e any upside to using AsteriskNOW vs. Asterisk+FreePBX? Other than the obvi=
ous fact that everything is nicely placed on an iso for ease of installatio=
n?<br>

As for the actual upgrade, is it possible to step through each of the UPGRA=
DE*.txt files under the Asterisk-11 source? =A0I.e, UPGRADE-1.2.txt -&gt; U=
PGRADE-1.4.txt -&gt; UPGRADE-1.6.txt -&gt; UPGRADE-1.8.txt -&gt; UPGRADE.tx=
t? Or would it be prudent to recreate my current 1.0.x configuration under =
Asterisk-11 instead?<br>

Regarding HA/failover, is a hardware solution (such as Digium&#39;s R800/R8=
50) my only option? =A0During my research I&#39;ve found scripts on the int=
ernet that allow for failover using arp/nmap, however those appear to only =
work for hardware failures. =A0I would need something that can account for =
both hardware and software failures.<br>

Thanks in advance for any advice that anyone can give on the subject. =A0An=
y suggestions, etc. would help immensely!<br>
-- <br>
Andre Goree<br>
-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-<br>
Email =A0 =A0 - <a href=3D"mailto:andre at drenet.net" target=3D"_blank">andre=
@drenet.net</a><br>
Website =A0 - <a href=3D"http://blog.drenet.net" target=3D"_blank">http://b=
log.drenet.net</a><br>
PGP key =A0 - <a href=3D"http://www.drenet.net/0x83ADAAAB.asc" target=3D"_b=
-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-=3D-<br>
--<br>
-- Bandwidth and Colocation Provided by <a href=3D"http://www.api-digital.c=
om" target=3D"_blank">http://www.api-digital.com</a> --<br>
New to Asterisk? Join us for a live introductory webinar every Thurs:<br>
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 <a href=3D"http://www.asterisk.org/hello" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://www.asterisk.org/hello</a><br>
asterisk-users mailing list<br>
To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:<br>
=A0 <a href=3D"http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users" tar=

--089e013d075876c63104dca8e4b0--