[asterisk-users] IPv6

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Mar 29 22:07:19 CDT 2013

On 03/29/2013 07:05 PM, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had to re-install a new machine and noticed that by default, ip was
> only listening on 0.0.0.0, thus ipv4 only. Easily changed.
>
> However, when looking at iax.conf, I found here the same, but it looks
> like iax is still ipv4 only?
> If i change "bindaddr=192.168.0.1" towards "bindaddr=::", and look with
> "lsof -i" iax is still not listening on V6.
>
> Is iax/ipv6 still on the "TODO-list" ?

The IAX2 channel driver does not currently support IPv6. While it would
be a nice improvement, there are no plans to perform this work at this time.

Of course, the Asterisk open source developer community could take this
work on, which would be a welcome addition to Asterisk 12.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager