[asterisk-users] To queue or not to queue...

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Mar 28 15:18:19 CDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Gregory Malsack
<gmalsack at coastalacq.com>wrote:

> Here's the scenario~
>> 150 agents, all are commission based sales reps. 99% of the calls are
>> answered within the first ring. the rest are answered between the second
>> and third ring. Never in my 4 months with the company has a queue call been
>> in the queue more then 20 seconds.
>>
>> Problem~
>> Several times a week or sometimes a day, the reps will tell me that the
>> same call will be answered by 3 or 4 or 5 reps, and none of them get the
>> inbound audio. Asterisk only shows 1 of the reps actually connecting the
>> call, however the call logs in Eyebeam for all 5 reps, show that they took
>> the call and were connected for a short period of time before disconnecting
>> the call because there is no inbound audio.

Which version of Asterisk?  Have you looked for solutions to the root
problem?  I don't run any servers with that many agents, but have never run
into issues like this with a few dozen.

Large ring groups can become unwieldy and problematic themselves.  There's
also a limit to how long the entire dial string can be, though I can't
remember what that size is.

You said everything is on a LAN, but have you looked at the possibility of
issues between switches?  Can you examine the logs of bad calls and see if
the failures happen on a specific switch in the network, or other
correlation like that?  Do you use VLANs or layer 3 switching?

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve