[asterisk-users] dahdi-channels.conf vs. chan_dahdi.conf

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Thu Mar 28 08:44:50 CDT 2013

Hey, all.  Just added an analog card to our dual-T1 system... and
clearly I'm doing something wrong.  Less interested in having the
specifics pointed out than in finding out how/why certain things work.
So, really, three things:

* What the bloody Hell is the difference between dahdi-channels.conf
and chan_dahdi.conf?  (And who thought it was a good idea to have two
files with, apparently, different functionality, but very similar
names?)

* If I'm getting power to my analog phones, but no dial tone, which
file should I be editing?

* Likewise (and almost certainly related) if dahdi_cfg shows the
channels, but "dahdi show channels" only shows my T1 spans, which file
should I be editing?

Could someone point me to some sample analog configs?  Most of my
searches have wound me up with GUI folks, and I'm just doing good
ol-fashioned hand editing on an Ubuntu system.

Thanks!

-Ken

--
This mail was scanned by BitDefender