[asterisk-users] question about zapata.conf

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Mar 26 13:09:51 CDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 03:15:24PM +0000, Salaheddine Elharit wrote:
> thank you so much
>
> fo the upgrade from zptel to dahdi, if there is any possibility to upgrade
> to dahdi without impacting my installation of asterisk and other
> application already installed in my server.
>
> if you can tell how to upgrade using dahdi drivers

Asterisk 1.4 is at build time set to use either DAHDI or Zaptel (but not
both). (try: 'strings /usr/sbin/asterisk | grep /dev'). So you'll have
to at least rebuild Asterisk vs. DAHDI.

Asterisk of older versions does not support DAHDI at all.

You should also note that even the branch 1.4.x is no longer actively
supported, and this would be a good time to upgrade.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com