[asterisk-users] Fundemental changes to CDR within single asterisk family

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Mar 26 07:26:49 CDT 2013

On 03/26/2013 05:22 AM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> Hi
>
> In asterisk 1.8.7.0, an inbound call that was transferred to another
> peer would have 2 cdr entries.
>
> In asterisk 1.8.18.0 this same activity has a single cdr entry.
>
> This is a rather large and fundamental change to be enacting halfway
> through a single family branch, was there any reason why this happened?
> It means we can't upgrade without doing significant extra development
> and testing.

This was most likely an unintended consequence of some other change
(most likely dealing with masquerades). Is 1.8.18.0 the exact version
when the behaviour changed?

Just so I'm clear on the scenario, what are the channel technologies
involved? Is the transfer initiated via a protocol message or via a DTMF
feature?

Thanks,

Matt

--