[asterisk-users] Optimizing Asterisk Environment

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 08:33:38 CDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

We are getting some rather poor results (relative) with our Asterisk
setup. Not sure if we are using the sipp correctly etc.. but
nevertheless, is there any documentation that describes how we can get
the most our of our Asterisk box. For example when we hit the "too
many file" error, and fixing it using ulimit..... Also, is there any
way we can allocate sufficient memory to our Asterisk instance when
starting the PBX.

An up to date and in-depth tutorial that covers this would be great. A
quick search yielded pretty motivating success stories, but no little
to no description on how to achieve them.

Kind Regards,

Nick.