[asterisk-users] Delay before audio starts

Gerard gsaraber at rarcoa.com
Thu Mar 21 14:14:32 CDT 2013

> I think a simple tcpdump of the traffic will show the mystery. It can
> be your provider doing something nasty. Have you tried using some
> other cheap SIP termination? or arrange a fake termination yourself
> on another server?
>
> Leandro

I thought so too, but it doesn't appear to .

I just bought a door intercom device, set up the extension for it and
it's doing the same thing, when it connects there is a 10 second delay
before the other side can hear my voice.
However watching tcpdump, the audio starts streaming both ways immediately.
Changing the dialplan fixes the issue:
        957 => { // Test door phone
                Answer(); //  <--- this line fixes the problem!
                Dial(SIP/199,20);
                Hangup();
                };

It's an ok workaround for the door intercom, but in the case of the
forwarded calls below, as soon as I Answer() their ringback disappears
and the line goes dead while they wait for our guy to answer the phone.

I may start a separate post about getting ringback to work after Answer();

Thanks for the help by the way.
-Gerard