[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 and dual stack support

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Thu Mar 21 11:47:57 CDT 2013

Hi folks,

Following an upgrade to Debian wheezy, I'm now running Asterisk 1.8.13.1.
As opposed to Asterisk 1.6.2.9 that I ran with squeeze, this version can
support IPv6. However, it seems that I can't get it to support both IPv4
and IPv6 at the same time. For example, if in sip.conf I set the bindaddr
variable to '::' it will only listen on IPv6 and none of my IPv4-only
friends and peers will be able to connect to it. On the other hand, if I
set it to '0.0.0.0' then it will not listen on IPv6.

Is this a bug, or is this simply a limitation of Asterisk 1.8.13.1, or is
there some other way to configure it for dual-stack support?

Thanks,

Jaap