[asterisk-users] SIP account registration fails after upgrade to 1.8

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Mon Mar 18 21:15:10 CDT 2013

Hi folks,

Following an upgrade from Debian squeeze to wheezy, and Asterisk 1.6.2.9
to 1.8.13, my server is no longer able to register a connection to a SIP
account at my ISP (XS4ALL in the Netherlands). At the same time, it is
still able to register a different account with another SIP provider, so
it must be that they no longer have the same basic requirements.

The relevant part of my sip.conf looks like this:

[general]
context=incoming-j
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=inband
qualify=yes
srvlookup=no
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=g722
allow=g726
allow=g729
insecure=port,invite

Does anyone know of any new variables that have been introduced since
Asterisk 1.6.2.9, that apply here and might be causing this problem?

Thanks,

Jaap