[asterisk-users] Disagreements between codec_siren14 and Polycom sources

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Fri Mar 15 08:11:48 CDT 2013

I'm answering my own email here:

> There appears to be a disagreement between the encoding given in the
> sources for Siren14 that are downloaded from Polycom (and the ITU, both
> are the same) and that implemented by codec_siren14.so.  The latter
> agrees with the actual device.

The disagreement is in byte-swapping of the encoded stream.  Once that's
done, things work fine.  If anybody wants a codec that can transcode
between Siren14 and slin32 (which is better than Digium's codec_siren14
codec which goes to slin and slin16), let me know.  I can send a file that
calls the Polycom/ITU code.