[asterisk-users] PRI Called Party Number Info

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu Mar 14 10:50:23 CDT 2013

> I need to get type of called number (TON), which is displayed in pri
> debug messages:
>
> Called Party Number (len=13) [ Ext: 1  TON: National Number (2)  NPI:
> ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)  'xxxxxxxxxx' ]
>
> Does anyone know how to do it?
>
> According to documentation it is only possible for calling number.
> But I
> need to make decision in dialplan upon the value of type of called
> number.
>
> BTW, I made a little research on source code and could not find
> anything
> related to my question. Perhaps, it's not implemented.

You did not specify for which version of Asterisk.  I am assuming at least
v1.8.

I think you are wanting the CALLEDTON channel variable.  It is set for
incoming ISDN calls to the lower 7 bits of the Q.931 type-of-number/numbering-plan
octet.  The CALLERID(dnid-num-plan) should have the same value but I cannot
find any code setting the value.  (Looks like I missed setting that value. :))
I could only find the value being set to the CALLEDTON channel variable.

Richard