[asterisk-users] Sending SMS from asterisk

Asghar Mohammad asghar144 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 17:15:14 CDT 2013

HI bilal,

I don't think DAHDI can send SMS you have 2 options chan_mobile or
chan_datacard "ex chan_dongle" chan_datacard i have not
tested but with some mobile phones you can send sms i have tested also with
some made in china unbranded phone that are capable to send and receive sms
but not good for call termination, they send answer on connect.
 not all BT dongles are compatible you should go to trail and error for
finding combination of dongle and phone.
PS: yesterday tested asterisk 11 with chan_mobile and worked without any
modification.