[asterisk-users] IPv6 and IPv4 binding address on a server with 2 network cards

Miguel Baptista miguel.baptista at uninett.no
Mon Mar 11 05:03:21 CDT 2013

Hi Asghar,

Thanks for you reply. Which Asterisk version are you using?

I am using Asterisk 11.1.0
when I use the /bindaddr  /parameters with specific IP addresses,
Asterisk will listen only on the last entry.

For example, when I have
/bindaddr=ipv4A:port
//bindaddr=[ipv6A]:port /

it will listen only on the IPv6A address

and when I have the other way around:
/
bindaddr=[ipv6A]:port /
/bindaddr=ipv4A:port
//
/Asterisk will only listen on the IPv4A address.

The only way I found to force asterisk to listen on both IPv4A and IPv6
A was to use/bindaddr=[::] /but it makes asterisk to listen also on the
other IP addresses.

Maybe this is fix on a newer Asterisk version.

- Miguel Baptista