[asterisk-users] Digium Wildcard TDM800P not working with DAHDI

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 03:48:34 CDT 2013

On Sunday 10 March 2013, Gilberto Sanches wrote:
> I'm working for over 4 months now to fix this problem. The machine specs:
>
> On a P4 2.8Ghz, 1.5 GB RAM, 40 Gb HDD I installed:
>
> - I've tried AsteriskNOW 2.02
> - Installed CentOS 6.3 and then compiled Asterisk 11, Libpri 1.4 and DAHDI
> 2.6
> - Installed PBX in a Flash - Purple 20631
> After the installations I used these commands:
>
> - dahdi_genconf
> - dahdi_cfg -v
> - /etc/init.d/dahdi restart
> - /etc/init.d/asterisk restart
> - shutdown -r now
>
> Created and configured: Extensions, Trunk, inbound route, outbound route.
> rebooted the system and then went into Asterisk console and check if
> channels are configured with these commands:
>

> - dahdi show status
>
> - dahdi show channels

Have you tried building LibPRI, DAHDI and Asterisk from Source Code  (in that
order)?  Maybe you have something missing that the package maintainer forgot
to mention as a dependency  (it does happen sometimes).  A build from Source
Code will prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you have nothing essential
missing.

Also, running dahdi_genconf on its own isn't enough; it generates a
dahdi_channels.conf for you, but you still have to paste this into your
chan_dahdi.conf  (or add an include line).

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.