[asterisk-users] Sending SMS from asterisk

Miguel Oyarzo miguelaustro at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 18:06:56 CDT 2013

> What are the elements of this solution? Is it only: 3G dongles and chan_dongle only? Or there are something else?

Bash and perl programing, asterisk and chan_dongle.

>About the script that you wrot it:
> This script is using asterisk (through AMI) to send the SMS? Or it is working without need for asterisk? In this case, where is the benifit of using Asterisk to send the SMS?

It uses the asterisk API. The only benefit I found was the queue
management for high volume of sending/receiving. As asterisk can't send
SMS more  than160-characters, I had to work out how to do it (PDU
alteration). Anyway, 160-characters limit should be enough for most users.

Cheers!

--
Miguel Oyarzo