[asterisk-users] asterisk sizing for play and dtmf detection

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 06:17:40 CST 2013

2013/3/8 nik600 <nik600 at gmail.com>

> Dear all
>
> i'm planning a migration to asterisk for a high volume IVR service
> (from 1000 to 1500 concurrent call)
>
> The IVR service is based only on DTMF tones so the features required is
>
> - play feature
> - dtmf detection
>
> Asterisk will receive calls via VOIP (SIP with g711 codec)
>
> The IVR service wil be a static service based on Asterisk dialplan
> with some prompt (from 0 to 5, play of files in the same codec of the
> received call) and some dtmf detections.
>
> How many simultaneous call can i handle per server? each server will have:
>
> 4 core 3.0 Ghz
> 4 GB of RAM
>
> I need an aproximate sizing:
>
> 0-100 calls per server ?
> 100-200 calls per server ?
> 200-300 calls per server ?
> 300-400 calls per server?
> 400-500 calls per server?
>
> Thanks to all in advance
>
> --
> /*************/
> nik600
> http://www.kumbe.it
>
> --

The bigger server I have has 150 max channels during peak hours and has a
max load of 0.5 with 24 cores. When I was using a 4 cores server with the
same number of channels, I get a load of 3 ... so the load x core relation
is valid. I think it will be good to have a load not over 4 for a 4 core
server, so you can have at least 200 active channels on the server. If you
accept more load, then you can get more channels.

Leandro