[asterisk-users] VOIP PRI Gateways

Daniel Harper daniel at harper.net.nz
Thu Mar 7 19:16:31 CST 2013

I was hoping someone might have some knowledge to impart regarding
VOIP PRI Gateways or the psudo ISDN services being offered these days.
The official line in Australia is that "true" ISDN services are on
their way out.

I am testing a service provided by one of the telcos I am told that it
cannot provide ISDN cause codes for disconnected/invalid numbers and
all we get is the audio. Also the service no longer sends the progress
event RINGING to indicate the line is actual ringing (as apposed to
the audio)

Has anyone else ran into this problem and does anyone have any ideas
how to address it? Can DAHDI detect ringing tones on PRI lines?

--
Cheers,

Daniel