[asterisk-users] asterisk with 1000 extensions

Kamlesh Kumar kamlesh_kmr at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 22:57:03 CST 2013

Technology is SIP and asterisk is not handling the media, what is cheapest solution to be used for SIP client. Thanks,Kamlesh
 Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:43:52 -0800
From: asterisk.org at sedwards.com
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] asterisk with 1000 extensions

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Kamlesh Kumar wrote:

> We need to setup asterisk server for 1000 extensions and in this
> setup only extension to extension dialling is required (without call
> recording and voicemail), like intercom calling. Please let us know what
> can be the best economic solution/setup for this.

The number of extensions is not the key factor. The number of simultaneous
calls is.

What technology? SIP? Dahdi?

If all you are going to do is call from endpoint to endpoint, maybe
something like Kamailio or OpenSIPS is appropriate.

If Asterisk is not handling the media, probably any old crappy computer
can handle the call setup/call teardown load.

--
Thanks in advance,