[asterisk-users] Error to install Asterisk

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Mar 6 11:24:16 CST 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Gertjan Baarda <gertjan.baarda at gmail.com>wrote:

> Couldn't agree more, Carlos. But then again, haven't we all started this
> way? ;-) The best way to understand Linux is learning the hard way. After
> all, it takes a genius to understand the simplicity of Linux.

If you're going to learn Linux, then learn it, not via some service running
on it.  It's clear in context that the original poster believes that he can
install and run Asterisk without knowing the OS.  This is obviously not
true.  If it's going to be someone's production server, that is scary.  It
also has led to many "ASTERISK SUCKS!" discussions I've had because there
were problems at the OS level that made the Asterisk server unreliable.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve