[asterisk-users] red alarm on span - do channels in the group automatically get skipped over?

Hose hose+asterisk at bluemaggottowel.com
Tue Mar 5 00:31:09 CST 2013

Hello,

If I put two spans' worth of channels, say 1-23 from span 1 and 25-47 in
span 2, in one group, but only span 2 was showing OK and the other was
down / showing a RED alarm, would asterisk automatically skip over
trying to use channels 1-23 when doing outbound calls? e.g.,
dial(dahdi/g1/(number) would just jump to channel 25?

Testing seems to bear this out, but I'm not positive about it.

hose