[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2 crashing on x64 when transferring a call

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Sat Jun 29 01:55:34 CDT 2013

2013-06-28 23:33, Steve Edwards skrev:
> Yes, I know, but I'm a 1.2 Luddite.
>
> 1.2 on 32 bits has been stable and rock solid for almost 10 years, but
> the client wanted to try it on a 64 bit version of CentOS 5.9.
>
> It all seems to be working OK, but when the customer service agents
> transfer a call they got from a queue, Asterisk crashes.
>
> Has anybody else had issues running 1.2 (or similarly ancient versions)
> on 64 bit OSes?
>
> Can anybody remember back that far?

I've used the latest 1.4 on amd64 (Debian 6) since the beginning of
2012. Before that I was running Debian 5 (32 bit).

Rock-solid and no crashes at all, but no transfers either.

Maybe you can use 32-bit with PAE? This way you can use up to 64G memory
in the server, but maximum 4G per process.

--
Johan Wilfer