[asterisk-users] Questions about chan_dahdi, PRI, MWI (and Q.SIG)

Jens Bürger jbuerger at arcor.de
Fri Jun 28 03:59:24 CDT 2013

Hello everyone,

My setup:
Debian squeeze
Asterisk 1.8, DAHDI, libpri, compiled from source
TE110P, attached to a Deutsche Telekom Octopus E Modell 300/800

I'm trying to get MWI for Voicemail working. In the same server I have
also got an Eicon DIVA PRI card for testing purposes (it is integrated
via CAPI and the chan-capi channel driver into my Asterisk). MWI works
just fine there.

I read through chan_dahdi.conf and have some questions:

1. The documentation of
mwi_mailboxes
says: "You can give a comma separated list of up to 8 mailboxes per span."

Is this constraint really existing? How am I supposed to use the MWI
feature in even a semi-professional environment? My PBX is used in a
non-commercial project, but I have connected about 50 phones to my PBX,
though, and it is interconnected with two further PBXs which would also
need voicemail with MWI...

2. How can I set the MWI origin number?

3. Are there any debug possibilities for MWI?

Thanks in advance,

Jens