[asterisk-users] Mailing a fax with mutt does not succeed

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Fri Jun 21 18:25:46 CDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 06:40:38PM -0400, James Cloos wrote:
> Sending mail from a daemon is best done by calling
> /usr/sbin/sendmail directly, without relying on an MUA.

I disagree.  It's a lot more painful to send a MIME attachment, which
is what you want to do when emailing the fax image.

Also, if you use /usr/bin/mail on a Debian-derived system, make sure
you've installed the heirloom-mailx package rather than the standard
bsd-mailx package, because the latter doesn't handle attachments with
the "-a" flag.