[asterisk-users] Mailing a fax with mutt does not succeed

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Fri Jun 21 02:49:30 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 13:03 -0500, Daniel - Asterisk wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to send a received fax with mutt, when I try it from the
> Linux shel it works, but when trying with Asterisk's System command it
> doesn't.
>
> Successful Linux command:
> echo | mutt -s "New fax" earohuanca at gmail.com
> -a /tmp/faxes/201306191111.tif
>
> Unsuccessful Asterisk Command:
> same => n,System(mutt -s "New fax" elder.arohuanca at gmail.com -a
> ${FAXDEST}/${tempfax}.tif)
>
> I'm using Asterisk 1.8.19.0 on Debian 6.0.6, Asterisk was installed by
> root.
>
> Any hint will be appreciated.
>
> Elder D. Arohuanca
> Lima - Peru
>
> --
I' though I sent this once already but here goes again...

Have you tried changing to asterisk user and then do the same command?

i.e.

sudo su asterisk

You may find that the asterisk user doesn't have a full shell
environment and you will ahve to set one using

chsh

Regards

Ish

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552