[asterisk-users] Questions about sRTP

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Jun 20 15:05:20 CDT 2013

Mike Diehl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting ready to setup SIP/TLS and SRTP.  But I have a few
> questions.  The first one is that I was reading an article at:
>
> https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15381
>
> That indicated that Asterisk doesn't support TLS as an OPTIONAL
> transport.  It's either all or nothing.  Specifically, this is what it said:

Your statement is incorrect. Asterisk supports TLS as an optional
signaling transport (although if you do SDES SRTP without it then
someone can snoop on your keys and ultimately decrypt your media).

What it does not support is optional *SRTP*. If a device requests SRTP
and it's not possible, the call will fail.

--
Joshua Colp