[asterisk-users] packet counts: twice as high on one leg?

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Thu Jun 20 11:50:38 CDT 2013

There's one thing on my list of things to check, that could be relevant for your problem, too.

Packet count is one thing, transferred data is another one. If one phone uses smaller UDP
packages, then the packet count should increase in reciprocally. I have read some comments on
the net that smaller packages are preferable because lost packages have less impact on the
hearable audio.

Getting a complete pcap trace with subsequent wireshark  analysis is probably a tedious but
appropriate way to analyse this. Currently I don't know what determines the size of the UDP
packages and whether there are any general ways to control this size.

jg