[asterisk-users] SIP Simple support on Asterisk 11

Eloi Bail eloi.bail at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 08:44:33 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to enable SIP SIMPLE communication in my test environment.

I have the following env :

- one server (192.168.50.126) with Asterisk 11
- 2 clients using pidgin : demo-bob and demo-alice on my 192.168.50.143

I successfully had a phone call between clients.

I used the following link to enable SIMPLE messaging between my clients :
http://highsecurity.blogspot.ca/2012/03/asterisk-10-110-sms-messaging-or-sip.html

Both users managed to register.

Adding verbose on the server, I have the following traces when I send the
message "MESSAGE FROM ALICE TO BOB" from "demo-alice" to "demo-bob"

http://paste.fedoraproject.org/19489/37158861/

As you can see I succeed to have the message sent from alice to Asterisk.

When the server is trying to transmitting, I see a 401 error message.
According to this post (http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72814)
the first 401 should be normal as authentication is requested.

Afterwards the server emit 202 message.

But "demo-bob" never receives a message.
I ran wireshark on server and client. It confirms that no message is sent
from Asterisk to "demo-bob".

Could you please give me advice ?

Here are my extensions.conf and sip.conf according to the link I mentioned.
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/19626/16493741/
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/19627/49423137/

Thanks a lot,

Eloi