[asterisk-users] Handoff dial control to dialplan after AMI Originate

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Wed Jun 19 02:20:43 CDT 2013

Hello,

I'd like to use the AMI interface to originate a call to a context in a dialplan, and handoff the dial control to the context.

Whenever I execute the below action, the recipient does ring, but when I answer it dials the recipient again. I believe this is because once answered the system is going to execute the Context/Exten/Prio in the Originate action?

Action: Originate
Channel: Local/outbound1 at originateDialContext
CallerID: 00311234567
Context: originateDialContext
Exten: outbound1
Variable: recipient=0031612345678
Timeout: 10000

[originateDialContext]
exten => outbound1,1,Wait(1)
exten => outbound1,n,Set(recipient=${recipient})
exten => outbound1,n,Dial(SIP/${recipient}@originateChannel)

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?