[asterisk-users] Queue Limit Callers

Ioan Indreias indreias at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 04:43:32 CDT 2013

Hello Shanavaz.,

Please find some quick thoughts:

* 2 main queues
* agents logged on one or on both main queues
* before sending a new call to one of the main queues check the number of
waiting callers (QUEUE_WAITING_COUNT function) and divert (for example for
30 sec) the call on a empty members queue/parking slot/music-on-hold if the
queue threshold is reached.

The threshold could be read from a database, internal astdb or could be set
as a global variable updated when agents login/logout/pause/unpause or
could be dynamically computed based on QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT /
QUEUE_MEMBER_LIST

After the divert period is ended the call will return and the threshold is
checked again, etc.

This method have some negative impacts (the entry position number for calls
over the threshold //origposition// will have no meaning, a newer call
could be served before an older one, etc.) but you could manipulate the
call flow exactly how you want.

HTH,
Ioan
http://www.modulo.ro