[asterisk-users] Asterisk / PHP-AGI / pthreads

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jun 17 08:52:42 CDT 2013

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013, Thorsten Göllner wrote:

> does anyone have experience with Asterisk-AGI-Scripts in PHP while using
> pthreads in PHP? Are there any limitations or problems known?

I've written 'pthread-ed' AGIs in C.

The only 'pthread related' limitation I stumbled into is that you can only
execute a single AGI request at a time -- which is kind of obvious if you
understand the AGI protocol.

My use case was playing a file ('Please wait while we authorize your
credit card') while processing the credit request.

Since our card processor almost always returned the credit response before
the end of the file, the 'user experience' was that the credit request was
instantaneous.

--
Thanks in advance,