[asterisk-users] Issue dialing out

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Sun Jun 16 03:34:46 CDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 04:24:21PM -0400, Andre Goree wrote:
> Thanks so much for your suggestions.
>
> I'm running 1.0.x (yes, archaic, and in fact my actual task is
> migrating this system to asterisk11+Freepbx -- very fun in and of
> itself without regards to this issue...but I digress), and so I needed
> to run "pri debug span <span>", which I've now done.  I attempted the
> call again have pasted the debug output here:
> http://pastebin.com/cHHnMfh6

You mentioned the telco receiving a DISCONNECT almost immediatly. Your
debug is only up to a PROGRESS.

I only have experience with euroisdn but callflow would be:
->SETUP
<-CALLPROCEDING
<-PROGRESS
<-CONNECT
->CONNECT ACK
->DISCONNECT (eg from caller)
<-RELEASE
->RELEASE COMPLETE

But PROGRESS means the recipient is generating some audio (your
unreachable message?). If this is an error message you would expect a
RELASE from the telco after the recording if the caller doesn't hangup
first.

You should study the difference of zap->zap and sip->zap callsetup.