[asterisk-users] ILEC Interconnect: Basic MUX: M13 vs DCS: VT1.5 vs DS3

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 14:00:10 CDT 2013

Hello James, thank you so much for your response!

On 6/14/13, James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:
> If they will do atm over oc-n, perhaps that would work better.

Yes they will do atm over oc-n only not sure if they will ring or spur it...

> Ie, a perm virt circ for SS7 and as-needed vc's for ulaw.

I know you're a busy guy, can you please expand on this kindly :).

> Atm oc-n cards with linux sw support are widely available, according to
> goog.
>
> libss7 and and ast *might* need a bit of patching to work with it, but it
> shoudn't take too much.

Will goog some more!

> Sip/rtp over private ptp ethernet is an option with at least some of the
> ILECs.
>
> They may call it virtual-pri or some such.
>
> Of course, if they are installing an actual sonet ring, and not just a
> spur, that can have built-in redundancy, depedning on physical routing.

We are trying to position ourselves as facility based virtual PRI service
provider here, and would like to put something of our own together vs.
resell another LEC's red ribbon product.

> -JimC
> --
> James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6

PS I love your website!!!