[asterisk-users] Asterisk sends the INTERNAL IP address of my equipments to my SIP friends?!?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 03:29:32 CDT 2013

On Thursday 13 June 2013, Mickael MONSIEUR wrote:
> Hello Matthew,
>
> My version is Asterisk 1.6.2.9.
>
> Or have you seen NAT? I have no NAT on my network. Have you seen my little
> diagram above?
>
> Here it is:
>
> SIP friends (phones) <-----> Asterisk <-----> SIP gateway to PSTN converter
> 80.236.215.61                109.69.217.6     internal IP (
> 10.4.0.10/255.255.255.0 )
>
> My Asterisk server has two NIC/interfaces.

And it's obviously doing NAT, if anything plugged into one interface can see
anything plugged into the other.

The important question is:  Does it work?  Because if so, leave it alone.

IP addresses are not secret.  If anything in your network depends on someone
on the outside not knowing one or more of your inside IP addresses, then you
are doing it wrong.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.