[asterisk-users] how send calls to gatekeeper?

s m sam.gh1986 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 01:55:13 CDT 2013

hello everyone
i have a simple question: i have an asterisk which is a h323 gateway
and has a h323 connection to a cisco gatekeeper and a sip connection
to a pbx.

my question is: how can i send all calls to gatekeeper?

 i searched a lot and found that i should set gatekeeper=192.168.0.X
(ip address of my gatekeeper) in h323.conf file.
but what about extensions.conf file? should i define an extension like
a simple h323 connection to gatekeeper (like
"exten=>_2.,1,Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@cisco_out,60,)")? or no dial pattern
need to be defined in extension.conf file?  if we should define dial
pattern, what is different between a simple trunk h323 connection and
a gateway-gatekeeper h323 connection?

thanks in advance
SAM