[asterisk-users] problem to install asterisk on vps digitalocean

Johan Wilfer lists at jttech.se
Wed Jun 5 16:09:39 CDT 2013

2013-06-04 22:28, troxlinux skrev:
> if it is true I have not any hardware but I need help to solve it and
> I think it could serve other future

Depending on the type of VPS this can work or not. My general experience
of normal "stock"-VPS:es are that they are often oversold. And it will
create a lot of issues for you with voip.

On OpenVZ you can't load kernel-modules in the VE anyway, so it's no
idea to compile Dahdi. But if you control the HN, you can install it
there and give the VE access to it. In that case you should compile it
in the VE as well. The same applies to LXC.

On XEN/KVM I think it will work, but be sure to test the timing with
dahdi_test - you don't want the results to drop below 99.9. Try create
some i/o (for example compile asterisk) and run the test in another window.

Dahdi in VE's is a pain, but can work if you control the HN. You should
do development and testing on a dedicated server. After that, try move
to a VPS and try to fix the issues. The other way around is very hard.

--
Johan Wilfer