[asterisk-users] incoming DAHDI Channel explained

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Wed Jun 5 11:26:20 CDT 2013

Yes, my assumption was wrong and to make things worse, my CDR data
clearly show that "i" cannot denote incoming calls.

Maybe it's time that I learn the rules as well:

Analog channels  do not seem to have a special identifier. The 1st call
for analog channel 13 would be s.th. like DAHDI/13-1.

Outside calls via an ISDN connection with s.th. like
DIAL(DAHDI/r2/08932168,..) would dial the number using DAHDI group 2 in
a round robin fashion, but internally the channel would be s.th. like
DAHDI/iX/08932168-abcd. The span X is not related to the dial group and
depends on the configuration.

For a BRI device a single span has 2 channels, a PRI device up to 30. As
far as channel variables go the actual channel does not seem to get
reported, but this is not really necessary.

jg